Friday, June 20, 2014

Book Review: The Vacationers by Emma Straub

I've been so focused on other things, that reading hasn't been a priority and I always hate that because it's how I de-stress at night before bed. My first clue that I haven't been reading as much is always when my sleeping habits start to go sideways so I picked up a new book and would you guess, I read 5 nights in a row and went to bed at a reasonable hour!

My Rating (via GoodReads): 4/5 stars
Kobo Price: $13.99

This is the perfect/summer vacation book. It's about a somewhat dysfunctional family (aren't they all?) that goes on a trip to an island in Spain together. During the vacation, they really have nothing to do but spend time with each other and in turn, all their dirty laundry and secrets get aired in front of each other. The story jumps around to the perspective of each family member. They don't all leave together and after this trip, they will never be the same.

It was a quick easy read as well as entertaining and even quite comedic at times. The only problem, it made me wish I was lying on a beach somewhere in the Mediterranean. I totally recommend it!

I picked up a new book before I left for Seattle, hopefully it is just as entertaining and I can keep up my good sleeping habits!

1 comment :

  1. This sounds like a good book. I don't know if I've read one in awhile that's set in Spain.

    ReplyDelete