Thursday, October 8, 2015

Banana Bread

I looooove Banana Bread and I've been trying variations on this recipe for years to recreate my Nana's recipe and I think this is the closest I've ever come, soo good! I also have a totally different Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe here.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 mashed bananas (extra ripe)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup of walnuts
pinch of nutmeg

DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with butter. In your mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs.

In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add banana, sour cream, vanilla, nutmeg, and finally the nuts. Once incorporated, pour into pan.

Bake for about 60 - 75 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

STORAGE
I wrap my banana bread tightly in tinfoil and then place it in a large ziploc and store in the fridge (Frankly, there's no rhyme or reason to this method of storage, it is just what I've always done). I actually like to eat it best when it's cold with a little bit of butter on top.

1 comment :

  1. Now you have me craving some! I tried the recipe from Kraft with mayo in it, and it's pretty darn delicious too!

    ReplyDelete