Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hey, I'm still here!

Just a small update with hopefully more to come.

Happy fall to you. My favorite season is finally upon us! I took a big break over the Summer and readjusted some of my priorities. There's some big changes happening in our family and fortunately/unfortunately blogging has taken a backseat...


That's right, I'm pregnant!!! My first trimester was pretty darn horrible with severe morning sickness... I'm glad to be in my second trimester now and you can expect an update on how that's going soon.

As far as running, it hasn't happened. There were many days where I could barely shower or get my clothes on without throwing up, I actually ended up losing weight. Now that I'm mostly feeling better, I'm looking ahead to the Rock 'n' Roll Oasis Vancouver Half Marathon and Cunningham Seawall 10k and devising a plan to get back on track. I won't be racing for a personal best, but I can't wait to be out there and celebrate this great race with everyone, even though I might be a lot slower now.

Don't forget, if you haven't registered yet, my discount is available until online registration closes:


How was your summer?

6 comments :

  1. Hey girlie - I've been meaning to email you. I scaled back to the 10k for RNR Van due to my stupid tibia...why don't you scale back too and we can just dress up and have fun - walk if we want, run if we want...let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cori! Although, it is very tempting to run with you as I'd love to meet you in person, I'm still holding out hope to complete the half, even if I end up walking a good portion of it so I can get the Triple Encore heavy medal. Maybe we can still get together that weekend? There's been talk of some sort of bloggy meetup.

      Delete
    2. I'm completing it with you. Case closed. ;)

      Delete
    3. No worries. and yes, definitely, to a bloggy meetup. I guess me and Nik better get on with the planning of that...we're starting to run out of time! lol It seemed like we had so much more time to plan when we started back last November HA!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Also, I'm super impressed that you're determined to complete the half marathon. Regardless of your pace, I hope you have fun training for the run/walking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again! Hope you are feeling good :)

    ReplyDelete