Sunday, September 13, 2015

I'm baaack!

I've been debating about writing again for a while. It's been a long time and a lot has happened... a whole year has gone by. I fell out of love with blogging for a little while, it felt self indulgent, and with working, the pregnancy, and the lack of running, I just didn't want to talk about me anymore. I'm feeling a lot more like myself these days and the itch to write about my journey, especially when it comes to running, has returned... so here's an update:

Last October I ran (mostly walked) the Rock 'n' Roll Vancouver Cunningham Seawall 10k at 5 months pregnant and I had a blast!


A few months later I had a baby girl!
My last day pregnant :O

 And we became a family of 4! <3 br="">

I had another c-section so the recovery was slow, but 6 months later, I am finally starting to feel like myself again. I've worked my way back up to 14km+ and have lots of new goals. Running looks a lot different than it once did though; I am slower, and with 2 kids, my runs are often on the treadmill after 10:00pm, but they still happen, and that's what counts!

Stay tuned for some updated Fall race goals!

Happy Running :) 

8 comments :

  1. It is good to see you back here! Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leana! It's nice to be back. I look forward to checking in on your blog and seeing what you've been up to!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I can't believe you're already running those distances - YOU ROCK!! Can't wait for more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogging and running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back! Congrats on the sweet baby, and awesome job on the 10k!!

    ReplyDelete