Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Review: "This is Where I Leave You" by Johnathan Tropper

This book is on my 2014 TO READ LIST. I purchased this book on my iPad in the Seattle airport when we getting on the plane to go to LA for the LA Marathon. Thank goodness for airport WiFi, because I totally had forgotten to download a book beforehand. I read nearly the whole book during the 2 plane rides, there and back.

My rating (via GoodReads): 4/5 stars
Kobo Price: $13.99

This book had the sarcasm and dry sense of humor that I'm drawn to and that made it the perfect escape from a very bumpy plane ride!

The story surrounds a main character by the name of Judd Foxman, who is mourning the death of his father with his family and is also currently going through a separation from his wife who had a ridiculous affair with his boss. The whole thing is totally crazy and hilarious at the same time. Judd's late father who was Jewish, but didn't observe the religion on a very consistent basis, has chosen for the family to sit Shiva after his passing. Judd gets to know his mother and 3 siblings and their perspective relationships on a more intimate basis than he ever thought possible...

I loved it, the only thing stopping me from giving it that 5th star is the ending... but I will let you figure that one out for yourself!

No comments :

Post a Comment