Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Learning to like Trail Running

I have a trail race planned in 2 weeks and this weekend 5 Peaks held an orientation run at Golden Ears to preview the course. I figured I'd better check it out, since I am not that familiar with running on trails. Also, Brandi offered up her Solomon trail shoes, so I wanted to give them a go before the actual race!

It turns out that I might actually like trail running, I know right, I never thought it could happen! Even though it was sort of raining, it sure was pretty out there.

Great to see a bunch of running buddies from Langley make the trek to the other side of the river!
 Look at those purdy shoes! Thanks Brandi :)
I feel pretty wimpy compared to some of the trail runners who were out there, but I totally walked through a waterfall, so there's that. I'm going to have to work on getting used to running with wet feet though. Anyways, the update is that I am no longer all together terrified of doing a trail race. 

4 comments :

  1. i love injinji socks -- combats blisters with the wet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words: wool socks. All you need is a pair of wool socks on those wet feet and you’ll be fine my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trail running. Reminds me of my childhood. Love the fresh air. Plus I find trail runners seem to be a little quirky ... love that!

    ReplyDelete