Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pay It Forward Challenge

Disclaimer: This is a non- reading/baking/running post, if that infuriates you, feel free to stop reading now.

Earlier this year, a friend on Facebook, Brandi, posted a pay-it-forward challenge and normally I'm not into sharing a ton of posts on FB, but I really liked the sound of this one, so I took the leap!
The challenge was relatively simple and within a very short period of time I had 5 people committed. Off I went in search of 5 unique surprises to send to some lovely ladies.

First up was a surprise for an old friend of mine, Alisha. We used to work together at Staples when I was in high school. She had just gotten engaged so right away I knew what to send her! She is very organized with notebooks and highlighters etc, like me, so I knew she'd love this.
A wedding planner/organizer binder.
Next up, was Tina who had mentioned she'd really be interested in this cookbook, so that was also a no-brainer! P.S. I also have this cookbook, I reviewed it here, if you haven't checked it out, I definitely would. Mmm I'm hungry just thinking about it.
Another friend, Renee, is training for a figure competition. Last Summer, I had bought a few pairs of Sox Box socks with the intention of doing a giveaway when I started CrossFit. I never did and they were still in the packaging and were just perfect for Renee, so that worked out great! I also made this framed inspirational poster for her.
 
Then, Nikki, who also has a blog and I thought getting her a personalized blog planner/notebook would be the best way to go! She's a list-maker like me :)
Finally, Amanda! I decided to send her a few of my favorite things! May Designs sent me some agendas and note cards to celebrate the fact they are now shipping to Canada, yay! I kept one of the agendas for myself, and sent this one to Amanda along with some note cards. As you may already know, Sparkly Soul makes my favorite headbands. Recently, Griffin decided to put a bunch of them in the built-in vacuum outlet when I wasn't looking... Thanks Griffin. I managed to rescue all but one. I ordered a replacement and a black one for Amanda, I hope she loves them as much as I do!
I really enjoyed the idea of this challenge. It was so simple. I tried my best not to just buy everything and either gift things I already had or make something like I did for Renee. I had intended to bake some things for people instead, but since a few them don't even live in the same province/country, that made things tricky.

Oh, and Brandi's pay-it-forward 1surprise for me was a race registration into 5 Peaks Golden Ears! Thanks Brandi!

Just by taking some time and organizing these 5 surprises, 25 more people will be impacted by acts of kindness this year! So what do you think, will you #payitforward this year?

1 comment :

  1. Wow, I've seen these challenges on facebook and figured people send a homemade card or something. You sent some Amazing! gifts!! Way to go. I bet if felt great to do something nice for a few friends and I bet they were all grateful for such thoughtful gifts too.

    ReplyDelete